Fred Ferris began his career doing events/PR photography. His range includes individual and family portraiture, pampered pet photography, high school seniors, school and sports.
Education: Ed.M. Tufts University, MSW University of Michigan, Arbitration degree, American Arbitration Association/Wayne State University
The secret to getting great portrait photos is to feel comfortable in front of the lens. Fred does that … he makes you shine in every light.
His photos have been used to inform, influence and inspire:
- The Michigan Congressional Delegation to shape Title III Older Americans Act legislation
- Focus:Hope to convince US Congress to launch USDA food commodities program for senior citizens
- Auto-related Motor City Exhibition displayed at the Detroit Historical Museum
For more than 20 years, Fred has applied his photojournalist style to the workplace as:
- Speechwriter – Eaton Corp, Fortune 200 company
- Deputy Mayor and Director of Public Relations – City of Highland Park
- Executive Director – $11m countywide health & human services organization serving one-third Michigan’s senior population
- Executive Director – energy & job training program weatherizing homes in Detroit
- President – window manufacturing company
- Arbitrator – instituted nationally recognized appeals procedure for disputed grant awards
- Statewide Examiner – Michigan Quality Council
It’s more than just taking a picture. It’s about capturing emotion and expression that connects with people.